Helping You Obtain the Compensation You Deserve
Being involved in any kind of accident is a stressful and overwhelming situation, especially if you suffered injuries. Hit-and-run accidents tend to be more frustrating, however, and tend to raise a lot of questions in the aftermath. You need an experienced legal advocate during this confusing time to guide you through the claims process and ensure you are able to recover damages. At Cantor Injury Law, LLC in St. Louis, our hit-and-run accident attorneys will fight on your behalf and stand up to your insurance company, so you can receive fair compensation for the losses associated with this incident.
Contact Cantor Injury Law, LLC in St. Louis today at (314) 628-9999 to schedule a complimentary case review with one of
our knowledgeable hit-and-run accident attorneys.
What Should I Do?
Knowing what to do after a hit-and-run accident can help increase your chances of a successful claim. Although most of us know what to do after an accident, many are unsure which steps to take when an at-fault driver flees the scene.
Below are the steps you should take after being involved in a hit-and-run accident:
- If no one appears to be injured, the first thing you should do is write down as many details as you can remember about the other vehicle, including the color, make, and model. If you can recall a portion of its license plate, this will also be immensely helpful.
- Call 911 to report the accident. Your insurance company will want a copy of the accident report, so this step is critical.
- If there were any witnesses at the scene, you need to collect their contact information as well since their statements will help support your case.
- Take plenty of pictures at the scene of the accident, if possible, including the damage done to your vehicle and any damage done to the area where it occurred.
- See a doctor as soon as possible. Even if you do not appear to be injured, it does not necessarily mean you are fine. Not all injuries immediately result in symptoms. In might take hours or even days before you feel the effects of your injury. A visit to the doctor will protect your health and your claim.
- Contact your insurance company to start the claims process.
- Schedule a consultation with a hit-and-run accident attorney. If you are not sure about pursuing a personal injury claim, you should at least schedule a case review to discuss the details of your case and determine what your next step should be. At Cantor Injury Law, LLC, we provide free consultations, so you will not have to worry about legal fees while you are trying to recover from your injuries. Our skilled team will advise you on your best course of action and, if you choose to work with us, you will not owe us any legal fees until we win your case. You have enough to worry about.
Schedule a Free Case Review with One of Our Hit-and-Run
Accident Attorneys Today!
At Cantor Injury Law, LLC in St. Louis, we know how difficult it is to pick up the pieces after a hit-and-run accident, which is why our team is dedicated to providing exceptional legal advice and fierce representation. You should not have to suffer for someone else’s mistakes and we will reduce this burden as much as possible by ensuring you receive the compensation you are entitled to.